Supporting food resilience in the Noosa Biosphere Reserve.
The Noosa Agri-Hub aims to build on the Noosa Hinterland Rural Enterprise Plan (REP). The REP was supported by the Noosa Biosphere Reserve Foundation in 2018 with project partners Country Noosa, University of the Sunshine Coast, Noosa & District Landcare, Maroochy River Catchment Coordinating Committee, Burnett Mary Regional Group, Healthy Land & Water, and Zero Emissions Noosa.
The Noosa Hinterland Rural Enterprise Plan identified 8 key recommendations.
We are now seeking to explore and further:
- creation of an accessible database, including registers of:
- landowners interested in having their land farmed
- local farming personnel
- other resources and equipment
- creation of legal frameworks to bring landholders and farmers together
- provision of information about training and education programs for prospective farmers and graziers
- increasing carbon capture and storage
- potential agri-tourism opportunities
- developing marketing and distribution channels for Noosa and region produce
- provide pathways for young entrepreneurs and women into Agriculture
- develop a Circular Economy in Noosa that provides jobs and economic diversity for the Noosa region
- educate community about the benefits of local, highly nutritious, seasonal, sustainably produced foods
The NBRF is looking for community engagement to establish the appetite for formalising information collection and necessary actions, to achieve the above.
Please look for engagement opportunities on our Facebook page or through local media.
Stay in the loop
If you are interested in exploring any of the aims above and contributing to this process, please register your interest with us:
Download our Noosa & Region Agri-Hub Consultation Paper for more information about the initiative.