The purpose of this project is to create a credible educational resource that promotes Noosa Biosphere Reserve as a place that values its environment.
The project aims to better inform botany practitioners, create responsible human behaviour and vegetation management through enhanced knowledge and awareness, improve wetland and riparian zone health and improve habitat in Noosa River catchment.
Proponent: Noosa Integrated Catchment Association
- Promote the Noosa Biosphere Reserve as a place that values its environment, an educated community, and supports community based effort.
- Better informed botany practitioners – both professional and amateur (Citizen scientists)
- More responsible human behaviour in respect to vegetation management through enhanced knowledge and awareness
- Improved wetland and riparian zone health by more intact vegetation communities
- Improved habitat in the Noosa River catchment (through more complete vegetation communities).
- A credible education resource readily available.
- Cash & in-kind contributions: $40,000
- Funding from NBR Foundation: $14,900
- Project value: $54,900